Project duration: 1. 6. 2021 – 31. 3. 2024
Project promoter: LAS Heart of Slovenia
Project partners: Municipality of Lukovica, Municipality of Litija, Association of Pensioners Šmartno pri Litiji
Total value of the project excluding VAT: EUR 59.176,50, of which EUR 24.457,85 co-financed by the EAFRD
The good practice of organised voluntary assistance to the elderly living at home in Kamnik is being transferred to other parts of the LAS Srce Slovenije area with the project “A point for the elderly”. In the first phase, knowledge and practical experience will be gained from the good practice of the Kamnik-based Oreli Institute, which shows that a coordinating office that receives requests for help from the elderly and at the same time quickly and efficiently coordinates the help with the help of local institutions and volunteers is the key to a good organisation. In the second phase, the network of participating organisations and volunteers will be extended to the wider LAS area, with the opening of new Points for the Elderly in Litija, Lukovica and Šmartno pri Litija.
- Increasing the social power of stakeholders;
- improving the quality of life;
- increase the share of informal home care;
- improving the skills and competences of rural actors;
- improving social capital;
- improving working conditions for residents, especially vulnerable groups.
Main activities to achieve the objectives:
- Training of coordinators of services for the elderly;
- mapping and analysis of existing services in municipalities;
- establishment of a system of coordination of institutions and a network of volunteers;
- preparation of an operational strategy for support for the elderly with selected services;
- information and communication;
- establishment and operation of an Info Point for the elderly;
- training for older people and their relatives.
- Successful knowledge transfer;
- volunteer network established in the project area;
- three new Info Points for the elderly established.
The project is co-financed by the European Union from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Republic of Slovenia under the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020. The project is co-financed by the European Union from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Republic of Slovenia under the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.