The Heart of Slovenia Development Centre is an organisation that has been managing, coordinating and networking development projects in the Heart of Slovenia region since 2000. The Heart of Slovenia Development Centre team, in cooperation with a number of local, regional, national and European partners, implements projects that improve the quality of life of people in the region. The team members are younger but experienced and well connected experts in their respective fields of development. They are involved in an international partnership network with 376 organisations from 36 countries.
The work of the Heart of Slovenia Development Centre is always based on the needs of the local environment. To meet these needs, it organises, manages and coordinates networks such as the network of communities and municipalities, the network of tourism providers, the network of kindergartens and schools, the network of farmers, the network of craftsmen, the network of entrepreneurs. Through networking, it increases the competences of local providers of various products and services and their power of self-organisation.
The role of the Heart of Slovenia Development Centre:
- We connect municipalities, residents, tourism providers, entrepreneurs, farmers, associations, institutions…
- We take abottom-upapproach.
- We bring funding to the Heart of Slovenia.
- We train, educate and advise.
- We open sales channels and create new market products and services.
- We inform and promote the Heart of Slovenia area.
- We organise events and conferences.
- We are preparing strategy papers for municipalities.