In the southern, hilly part of the Posavje Hills lies the village of Gradišče, a popular viewpoint and excursion point.
Primskovo was first mentioned in 1258 under the name Prinskau. In the past, the area was known in particular for the conical Primsko Mountain with its famous Way of the Lord and for its numerous vineyards.
At the top of Primskova Gora are the remains of one of the strongest defensive camps in Slovenia. The camp, which was built towards the end of the 15th century, was designed as a fortified signal point. Tradition has it that, despite numerous sieges, the Turks never managed to take the camp, precisely because of the protection of the Virgin Mary, patron saint of the church. The three shrines in the middle of the camp are particularly noteworthy. At the heart of them all is the parish church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, which has always been known as the Way of the Virgin Mary. The Church of St Peter is a Romanesque church, between 800 and 1000 years old. It houses the tomb of the Bogenšberg nobles. Both churches, together with the youngest church of St. Nicholas, are mentioned by Janez Vajkard Valvazor in his Fame of the Duchy of Carniola.
A mighty linden tree grows in the middle of the camp to commemorate the harsh times. The chapels of the Stations of the Cross on the way to the top of the mountain remind the visitor of the strong religious tradition of the place.
In the past, Primskovo was the home of the Rev. Jurij Humar, “the wonderworker from Primskovo”, a homeopath who was renowned as a folk healer, an extraordinary radiesthetist, bioenergetician and telepath.